RAINBOW MOUNTAIN (VINICUNCA) FULL DAY HIKE
PACKAGE DETAILS | SALKANTAY TREK – HUMANTAY LAKE (FULL-DAY)
CUSCO – MOLLEPATA -SORAYPAMPA ( HUMANTAY LAKE )
We will pick you up from your hotel between 3:30 and 4:00 am before traveling in our private transportation to Mollepata located in the lush valley of the Apurimac River, which is approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes away from Cusco. In Mollepata, we will stop for a quick breakfast to get some energy before our hike! We will continue on our journey by car towards Soraypampa, which will take approximately one hour (3900 masl).
Here, we will begin our trek to the Humantay Lake located at 4200 masl (13779 feet). The steep hike up will take about 1 hour and 30 min.
If the climb is too difficult, you can ride a horse up to the lake. Once you reach the hardship will be forgotten once you reach the top and see the magnificent Apu Humantay Lake.
On the top of the mountain we will learn about why this place was considered sacred for the Incas and we will take time to appreciate the breathtaking views.
Once at the bottom, we will go back to Mollepata and have a delicious lunch. Finally, we will take our transportation and go back to Cusco and enjoy a much-needed siesta!
Included / No included
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Pick up from your hotel (Only if located in the historical center of Cusco)
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Transport from Cusco to Mollepata / Soraypampa – Mollepata- Cusco
- Meals: 1 breakfast and 1 lunch buffet (vegan options)
- Communication Radios
- Polar Blanket
- 1 walking steak
- First aid kit and emergency oxygen
- Not mentioned
- Gratuities (recommended)
WHAT TO BRING
- A small backpack and hiking shoes
- Raincoat or poncho (Especially during the rainy season in December to April)
- Water bottle
- Sunglasses, sun hat and sunscreen
- Insect repellent and extra money (Soles)
- Snacks (dark chocolate, dried fruit, biscuits, etc.)
- Camera and extra batteries
- Not recommended for participants with back problems
- Not recommended for participants with heart disease/problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for pregnant women and babies.
Cancellations regarding the company determines the amount to be deducted by the various expenses incurred in case of cancellation will be deducted as follows:
Cancellations and requests for refunds must be submitted by email and include all relevant information and will be answered within before 48 hours.
If a cancellation is received until and including 45 days before the date of arrival in Peru, the total payment will be refunded in full, minus the full administrative costs. (25% of the contract price)
- Cancellations 30 – 20 days before departure you have pay the 50% of the total expenses
- Cancellations 20 – 10 days before the departure you have pay the 60% of the total expenses
- In case of No – Show or cancellations 6-1 days before days before the start of your trip there will be no refund. you will be required to pay 100% of the total cost.
Itineraries may suffer, for technical reasons of force majeure beyond the control of the operator change without notice.
Mapy Travel Agency E.I.R.L. It is a direct operator of differents excursions detailed on our website but acts as an intermediary between the user and the different companies whose services are used in the lodgings, airlines, restaurants, transport or other, having no responsibility for the shortcomings, delays, theft, accident or other damages that passengers have third-party services. Our company may change the order of the tour of tours, whenever deemed strictly necessary for security or better success of the service, without removing any services unless the weather or passenger safety (strikes, fires) conditions do not permit. Mapi Travel Agency E.i.r.l will not be responsible for any additional expenses incurred by the passenger as a result of the above causes.
We ask you to report before hiring our services, about any limitation of this nature, in order to recommend the special services.
All our transportation have travel insurance.
PRICE: 460 USD PER PERSON
To confirm the reservation, it is necessary to make an advance payment of 50% of the total amount of your tour. This payment can be made through Wester Union (4.5% fee), VISA card (6% fee) or Paypal (8.6% fee). The rest must be paid in our office in Cusco, in american dollars or peruvian soles, in cash only.